£21,300 - £24,630
Type of role
Administration / Corporate Support
Number of jobs available
The Local Democracy and Boundary Commission for Wales is a Welsh Government Sponsored Body whose role is to keep under review the boundaries and electoral arrangements of local government areas in Wales and to make proposals to the Welsh Government for changes that appear to the Commission to be desirable in the interest of effective and convenient local government. It is a statutory body with statutory functions which are set out the Local Government (Democracy) (Wales) Act 2013.
The Boundary Commission for Wales is a Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities sponsored body whose role is to keep under review the parliamentary constituencies in Wales in accordance with the Parliamentary Constituencies Act 1986 (as amended).
Purpose of Post
The postholder is responsible to the Communications and Engagement Manager for team support to the Commission including general office duties, assisting in coordinating the accreditation process of various workplace awards. You will also assist with other business support and finance support work as required. The post holder also undertakes the same role for the Boundary Commission for Wales.
- Acting as the first point of contact for the Commission including taking telephone calls and answering queries where possible. Transferring calls to the appropriate colleagues when unable to answer a query.
- Processing incoming post
- Liaising with stakeholders including local authorities, Welsh Government, Cabinet Office, suppliers, landlord and Commissioners.
- Assisting with the co-ordination of and preparations for LDBCW and BCW meetings including minute taking, site visits, hotel bookings, and occasional Public Meetings, if required.
- Assisting with the required actions for the Commission to acquire various workplace accreditations e.g. Green Dragon Award, IIP and Small Workplace Health Award.
- Maintaining and updating the Commission’s databases.
- Providing Finance support when required by the Finance Manager
- Providing Business support when required by the Head of Business e.g. admin support for recruitment, DSE assessments, liaising with the building manager and sourcing new suppliers.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Other general duties